Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Kev's NFL Predictions 08-09

Why....on god's green earth.....did we make the url for this thing so ridiculously long?


So as I sit here, forced to watch the Project Runway, I thought I'd beat Chris to the NFL predictions punch (that's what happens when your friends know you work all day).

I'm not going to predict records, because I'd hate to run into some sort of mathematical impossibility, but I'll just take each division and rank them one through four, and give some general reasoning behind the choice. Wildcard choices are getting a "-wc" next to their name, since I think everyone on the planet knows that if you win your division you're automatically in the playoffs.

I''ll do the NFC tonight. I'll do the AFC tomorrow night.


NFC East
Dallas Cowboys
New York Giants-wc
Washington Redskins
Philadelphia Eagles

The cowboys are going to win this thing, again. I think they are the most complete team in this division, the Giants Super Bowl win notwithstanding. I had the Eagles as doing better than the Redskins, but then I was reading today that Curtis of the Eagles has a hernia right now, which I'm pretty sure makes it really, really tough to run 30 yards and catch the ball, and then subsequently be pulled down by the waist or drilled in the stomach.

NFC West
Seattle Seahawks
San Francisco 49ers
St. Louis Rams
Arizona Cardinals

Well, yes, I put San Francisco up there. Not to win it, but to definitely take that next step. They're going to need Gore to step up, and Vernon Davis, but I think they're on the cusp of being really good again. The Rams drama with Jackson is going to hold them back, plus they just don't have enough impact players, and, well, quite honestly, I think God might actually hate the Arizona Cardinals.

NFC South
Carolina Panthers
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
New Orleans Saints
Atlanta Falcons

I think the Bucs are going to compete, but probably just miss it with a 8-8 record. (I know, no records, but hey). That's just because in the North I'm going to indulge my fantasy of the Bears making the postseason. Carolina runs away with this one, because they're going to have an awesome rushing year, for some reason.

NFC North
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Bears-wc
Green Bay Packers
Detroit Lions

I think we're all agreed, the Lions are pretty bad. I know, realistically, that the Bears are a long shot, but this NFC North is largely going to beat each other up. Everyone will beat the lions twice, and probably split their games with each other. As it is, Green Bay is going to have some issues when A.Rod isn't quite as good as that other guy right away, and there's going to be some in-team tension when they start to miss their "gunslingling, brett being brett" dbag of a former quarterback.



1 comment:

Chris said...

Still waiting on those AFC picks...